So I meant to post this a couple of weeks back, but things have been pretty crazy busy with moving to San Francisco from New Zealand.
OpenC1 1.4 is available now from http://www.1amstudios.com/projects/openc1
- Downloads and uses free C1 demo, SplatPack demo and SplatPack Xmas demo content
- Fixed (for real this time) ATi rendering issues
- Lots of small bugs
- Added pedestrian gibs
- Added support for some strange SplatPack .pix files
- Fixed gameplay issues like being awarded credits and time for the AI running over peds
Edit: OpenC1 1.4 source code now available on http://code.google.com/p/openc1. Go check it out!
Now its official news I can tell you guys - Stainless Software has got the rights back to the whole Carmageddon series!!
There is a new Carmageddon game in the works, and for me, no more Square Enix legal threats! There is also a possibility of the original game being re-released for modern Windows system which personally I am pretty excited about :)
So check out the new carmageddon.com
and get involved on the community forums!
I'm not sure exactly what this means for OpenC1 - as you can tell development has stopped for a while and I'm working on other projects, but I've been talking to Stainless on and off for a while and they are pretty supportive which is great!
1.3.1 is available - http://code.google.com/p/openc1/downloads
- New setting “Disable culling” which should fix cars being partially invisible if you have an ATi card
- More logging (to log.txt) which includes files opened and crash information.
- OpenC1.pdb included in zip file. This means more detailed crash information will be generated to help diagnose problems.
Please submit problems to the Issues list at http://code.google.com/p/openc1/issues. It will help to keep all problems visible.
If you can replicate a crash in 1.3, please use 1.3.1 and submit your log.txt after the crash.